Pages

Saturday 17 March 2018

Value of Life

Hey guys!

I thought I would write about something that I hold close to my heart! The value of life. We all take things in life for granted.. but I learnt from a young age how we cant take things for granted and should always appreciate what we have! 

One of the things I have always appreciated.. and never taken for granted, is MONEY. I have very early memories of how I looked at money. One of my earliest memories is in a school playground.. I must have been around 5 or 6 years old. At that age we used to make a wish on something we referred to as "fairies". They, of course, were not fairies.. but dandelions or something floating in the wind! Very cute thinking back on it I must say! Anyway.. I remember catching fairies.. and whilst other 5 or 6 year olds would most definitely dreaming for a big house, or to become a footballer, or to have all the money in the world. I wasn't dreaming or wanting for any of those things. My wish: 'Please give me enough. Enough to pay my bills.. and to get me through'  It's sad.. but also admirable.. that I was able to wish for such sensible things at such a young age! At the same time it's sad that I wasn't able to be a child and just wish for silly materialistic things!


It's nice to know that I've always asked for just enough. Now I ask for more after practicing the Law of Attraction (I'll explain why in another post!) I knew that money wasn't easy to come by. My mum worked full time but didn't earn much.. and my dad is just another story! School was difficult because it regularly involved money.. and I knew I couldn't really ask.

School was another one of the things I valued.. but most definitely struggled with! I was always aware that asking for money would upset my mum. From a young age I avoided asking.. and sadly.. therefore went without!

Every day we hear stories... and it makes us realise just how valuable our time here on earth is! I know I've been through a life of hell.. and it made me strong as a person. I will always be thankful for my life. I will always be thankful for the times I sat there and carried on because I realised it was all worth it.

Life isn't about waiting for things to happen. Its about MAKING things happen. We are all guilty of blaming the world.. guilty of saying "is this really worth it?". Counting your blessings rather than dwelling on your losses gets you further in life! Think about it. For example, those of you reading this blog. Can you see this blog with your own eyes? yes. Be thankful for your sight. Small changes in our way of thinking can help us realise how lucky we actually are. 

I am not ashamed to say that I did not have a good start in life.. and I did want to end my life several times as a child. I am a stronger person now.. and I am so thankful to be here and be happy and healthy. I'm glad I was able to see how valuable my life is. I have been given the opportunity to LIVE. The reality is.. not everybody is lucky enough to have that.

I am lucky enough to have been able to travel and experience some beautiful and amazing landscapes. I truly believe that travelling frees our minds, allows us to stop over thinking, and relax ourselves. When I travel I'm able to sit and just appreciate silence and nature.


It's been a while since I've written anything down! I will explain more about my travels in future posts :)  

Thanks for reading! Please let me know if you can relate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment